Caritas Salford: Deafness and British Sign Language Awareness Training for Clergy and ParishesSt. Anne’s Church, Cobham Road, Accrington, BB5 2AD
Tuesday 10th January 2023
There are over 11 million people registered with a hearing loss in the UK today. This equates to one person in every six. Clinical Commissioning Groups document more than 12,500 BSL users in the Northwest of England. How many individuals does this equate to within your parish?
Join us for free training delivered by Dr. Minna Moffatt-Feldman, Accessibility Coordinator on January 10th 2023 18:30-20:30 at St. Anne’s Church, Cobham Road, Accrington, BB5 2AD
Learning Outcomes –
To have an increased awareness of:
• The positive and negative language used to describe deafness.
• Different types of deaf people
• Organisational barriers associated with deafness
• Communication methods, support and repair strategies
• Technological aids to communication available
• Positive methods of communication and integration strategies
• Communication professionals and support roles
• Language differences and linguistic barriers
• What is, and what is not, British Sign Language
Places are limited. To book your place on the training, please email Minna, directly – email@example.com