POSTPONED Matthew: A Vision of JesusWardley Hall, Worsley, Manchester M28 2ND
Friday 27th March 2020
Please note that this event has been postponed due to the outbreak of Covid-19. We are monitoring the situation and will be in touch with any new dates or further updates the situation becomes clearer.
Matthew: A Vision of Jesus
The Bishops of England and Wales have challenged us to read the entire Gospel of Matthew as part of The God Who Speaks year on Scripture. Our Lenten programme will focus on this challenge.
- Week 1: 28th: a. Jesus confronts temptation b. Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount
- Week 2: March 6: a. Jesus offers choices b. Jesus, Compassionate Healer
- Week 3: March 13: a. Jesus missions the Disciples b. Jesus teaches in Parables
- Week 4: March 20: a. Jesus the Source of Life b. Jesus Fountain of Mercy
- Week 5: March 27: a. Jesus the Messiah b. Jesus’ Great Commandment
- Week 6: April 3: a. Jesus’ Passion and Death b. Jesus’ Resurrection and Great Commission
Format: Using Scripture, poetry, art and/or music, we will pray with Matthew’s Gospel. Sessions will include talks, individual prayer time and sharing. We will provide suggestions for daily prayer.
Presenters: Sister Joan Kerley, FMSJ and Maria Kidd
To confirm your participation, please contact:
- Marie Sartini, Bishop’s PA, Wardley Hall, Worsley M28 2ND; 0161 794 2825
E: Marie.email@example.com OR
- Sister Joan Kerley, FMSJ; 0161 971 7842; E: firstname.lastname@example.org