Headteacher & Chair of Governor Briefings
Please be advised that booking system is now open for the summer term Headteacher & Chair of Governor Briefings.
These will be held on:-
- Wednesday 19th June – 8am – 10am – The Village Hotel Ashton
- Wednesday 19th June – 4pm – 6pm – The Hough End Centre
- Wednesday 26th June – 8am – 10am – The Dunkenhalgh Hotel
- Wednesday 26th June – 4pm – 6pm – The Village Hotel Bury
If you would like to attend one of these sessions, please go to “LOGIN” and enter your schools details to access the Resource Centre.
Finding the Way
Wednesday 22nd May 2019
Our Lady & English Martyrs Parish Centre, Urmston, M41 7DS
We would like to invite our governors and teachers to our event focused on engaging parents, involving young people & families in the parish, providing opportunities for encounter & accompaniment.
- 10:00 – Arrivals, tea, coffee
- 10:30 – Opening Liturgy
- 10:45 – Introduction to the day
- 11:00 – Fr Bryan Cunningham ‘Engaging Parents’
- 11:45 – Patty Ganley ‘Accompanying young people in their faith’
- 12:15 – Lunch
- 13:00– Fr Chris Gorton ‘Providing opportunities for encounter’
- 13:30 – Lorraine Leonard, Liz Gibbons and Rob Jordan ‘Involving young people and their families in the parish’
- 14:00 – Conclusion and closing prayer
If you would like to attend please book your place online at www.bit.ly/parishlinks
Lunch & refreshments provided
Laudato Si Resources
Over the coming weeks and months there will be concerted focus by the Bishop and wider diocese to promote the protection of our common home. With this in mind, you are encouraged to think about how we can care for our planet at work.
Some of our schools have some fantastic ideas about how we can reduce, reuse or recycle items to lessen our impact on the environment.
St Peter’s RC High School
“In response to your call to parishes encouraging to schools to be a part of caring for our environment as good Stewards of God’s Creation, we have a dedicated team of pupils from both Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 who have led much of this action themselves, including presentations to our staff and governors and environmental training of both adults and primary links pupils.”
Please see the below summary of what what St Peter’s have been putting into place…
Eco Schools Work at St Peter’s R.C High
St Ambrose RC High School
“We have created a teaching resource in response to Bishop John’s Pastoral Letter, calling us to think global and act local with regards to the environment and “care for our common home”.
Please see the below summary of what what St Ambrose have been putting into place…