Training Day – Social Action NetworkHoly Cross College, Bury, BL9 9BB
Saturday 6th July 2019
As part of Stage 2 of Hope in the Future there will be a series of training days aimed at providing the skills and knowledge to assist parishioners to take on roles in their parishes.
Keynote addresses from Andy Burnham, Mayor of Greater Manchester and Sir Peter Fahy.
This day will have workshops by the charities and organisations that make up the Diocesan Social Action Network.
9:00 Tea/Coffee with Marketplace stalls
10:00 Welcome, Opening Prayer
10:15 Keynote Address – Andy Burnham, Mayor of Greater Manchester
10:45 Keynote Address – Sir Peter Fahy
11:15 Discussion/Small groups (in deaneries)/what’s already happening
11:30 Good practice from three parishes
12:00 Lunch with Marketplace stalls
1:00 Workshops 1 – Issues (40 minutes)
1:40 Change workshops
1:50 Workshops 2 – How to (40 minutes)
2:30 Move back to main hall
2:40 Conclusion/Closing prayer
Workshops 1 – Issues
1) Poverty & Homelessness – John Battle
2) Refugees Crisis – Sean Ryan
3) Children & Families in Need (Fostering Friendly Parishes) – Anthony Turner
4) Care for Our Common Home – Steve Burrows
Workshops 2 – How to
1) Put Catholic Social Teaching into action – Kath Ansley
2) Using the skills of the parish – Christine Mathewson & Felicty Brangan
3) Involving young people – Marc Besford
4) Involving the community – Eamonn O’Brien
Please bring a packed lunch. Tea/Coffee will be provided.