Nightfever takes place on the First Friday of the month at 7:30pm at Holy Name Church, Oxford Road.
The concept behind Nightfever is very simple, the church remains open from 7:30pm – 10:00pm, bathed in just candlelight. On the altar is the exposed Blessed Sacrament. Live music is softly played in the background. The atmosphere is one of beauty and of peace.
Our volunteers are outside, in pairs, simply just inviting passers by to come in and light a candle. The response to the invitation varies, but a surprising amount of people come in and their breath is taken away by the beauty. Many are struck by the beauty and ask to stay. Some wish to talk, some just remain in silence.
Afterwards we retire to the chaplaincy next door for some pizza and to share our experiences, Come along and join the team!
Encounter is a follow up event to the highly successful Adoremus Youth Event held in September 2018. Adoremus was the name of the National Eucharistic Congress.
Encounter Is officially out of the bag! It’s been a long wait. We hope to see a lot of you there! It’s going to be a great day! Look out for posters and application forms in February 2020!
Mary Bielski, One Hope Project, Shrewsbury Youth Service, Salesians, Animate Youth Ministries, Archbishop Malcolm McMahon, young person testimonies and input and more to be confirmed.
The event will be aimed at those in year 8 to year 13.
World Youth Day
The next World Youth Day will take place in Lisbon in Summer 2022.
Pope Francis announced that the theme of the event will be “Mary arose and went with haste” (Lk 1:39). This Bible verse also takes into account the start of her visitation with her cousin Elizabeth.
More details will be announced soon!
Diocese of Salford Parish Representatives
The Parish Representative is a young adult (18-25 years) who is part of the parish and is passionate and confident about getting young people more involved in the life of the parish.
- Help implement the vision statement for youth ministry in the Diocese articulated in the diocesan prayer.
- Be a point of contact for the Diocesan youth ministry co ordinator to help raise the awareness of events and activities from the diocese in your parish.
- Help develop, support and implement parish, deanery and diocesan events and initiatives.
- Ensure the voice of each young person from their parish is consulted and represented.
- Encourage other young people to be more actively involved in the life of the parish.
- Be an active member of the deanery group which will meet throughout the year.
If you are interested in becoming a parish youth rep, please contact us!