Music Ministry Training Day with Stephen DeanSt Mary’s RC Church, Eccles, M30 0LU
Saturday 16th November 2019
9:00 - 16:30
Tea/Coffee provided, please bring a packed lunch.
9:00am – Registration & Tea/Coffee
9:30am – Keynote: ‘How can music build a Christian Community?’ by Stephen Dean
10:30am – Workshops 1 (choose one from below)
12:00pm – Lunch
1:00pm – Workshops 2 (choose one from below)
2:30pm – Break
2:45pm – Rehearsal
3:30pm – Mass
4:30pm – Departures
Workshops 1 (please choose one)
- Choosing music for Mass by Stephen Dean (Where do you start: hymns, Mass settings, psalms. How does music serve the Mass rather than the other way round?)
- Sung Masses with Guitar by Maria Hall (Elements of a sung Mass, developing skills in accompanying traditional and modern settings of the Mass, accompanying psalms, leading hymns)
- The one stop organist by Simon Passmore* (How to expand your use of the stops on a church organ – If you would like to look at a particular piece of music, please bring it along)
- Cantor workshop by Daniel Bath including some vocal technique.
Workshops 2 (please choose one)
- Repertoire for Christmas and Easter by Maria Hall (Some fresh music for your celebrations)
- SATB (singing in parts) by Daniel Bath (Would you like to teach your choir to sing in parts? Would you like to learn to sing in parts? If the answer is yes to either of these questions, then come along and Daniel will show you how)
- Toe tapping organist by Simon Passmore* (Would you like to start using the pedals on your church organ effectively? Simon will show you how.)
* please note the organ workshops are in the choir loft and access is by stairs. This workshop is limited to 12 people and will be on a first come first served basis. Attendees of this workshop are asked to bring jazz shoes or thick socks.
Click here for details on speakers and workshop leaders.